Positive & Enriching Relationships
Autonomy & Self-Direction
Knowledge & Skills
Process, Standards, Guidelines
Performance and Application
The University of Utah Learning Framework:
- Describes the broad experiences that the University of Utah thinks students should have to benefit the most from their time with us.
- Communicates to students about the experiences and opportunities that are available in each of the areas of the framework so they can benefit the most from their U journey, while also allowing students to retain their uniqueness.
- Invites students to describe the learning that they developed from the experiences.
- Provides a structure to conduct a broad assessment across these different dimensions for all undergraduate students.
- Allows administration, programs, and other providers to have a common way to look at curriculum and opportunities, discuss them, and structure them while allowing for programs to retain their uniqueness.
- Provides a framework for programs to describe the learning outcomes expected.
- Allows each of these groups to communicate to each other and out to the broader community using a common language and understanding of the broad goals of the University of Utah.